Thursday 10 May 2012

Whats in your tackle box?

Whats in your tackle box?

I was thinking about this while listening to the rain outside and it being a while since I actually went fishing. I am taking off this year to get some of my tackle sorted for next year when i am planning to go big with comp angling.

We all know you need rods and reels and weight and hooks, but which of these work best for which type of fishing. Doesn’t help putting a 10/0 hook with dough in the water and hoping to be catching carp all day long.

So what works when and where for what?

I think it’s best to start with the basics. For general enjoyment we need a certain level of tackle. It does not have to be the best or the most expensive on the market, but it must at least be able to do what we want. Get the best you can afford. And before you buy anything, ask as much people you can to get an idea of how well the tackle will work for you.


The only stupid question is: "Why did I buy this?"

Kruger Farm at the Vaal Dam

No comments:

Post a Comment